Friday, December 9, 2011

Dec 4th Notes

Dec 4th, I built the front and back tables by simply "hanging" wood across the gaps from left to right.  The rear table I under slung two 1x4's and used Styrofoam on top as a "filler" to make up the table.  The front table I screwed in two 1x4's (left/right) and placed a plywood section across as the table foundation.

After looking at them and doing some smudging around I have decided to NOT keep the rear table as it is.  Its too fragile and won't work for what I want.

However, by putting the tables in place I was able to get some accurate measurements of the table sizes.

The left and right tables are 8 feet top to bottom and 30" side to side.  The front/back are 54" across and on the order of 24" in width.  There is a 7" indentation to give me room to insert the ladder so we can access the "attic" space we built in the garage.

Overall I think I have about 18 feet of one way runable track.  Actually may be a bit more, but that's close enough.  So using the "actual" dimensions I opened my Anyrail software and began to adjust my track layout to be sure that I had sufficient space for what I wanted to do. 

 I am using the same general concept that I had gone into this with, a rail yard for building trains, separate freight house area, a town and a separate farm area.  But I'm going to be using a single track to conserve table space.  One track departs the yard, goes past the freight yard, through town, past the farm, over the yard line and back around to the town for the passenger terminal stop and return to the yards.  One long single track, double pass for a single path.

 This plan will provide an elevated section of track that will support some "hill work" on the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment