Friday, December 9, 2011

Pictures of my first table.

So, going back a month of so I had determined to build a model railroad table.  I went through several iterations of what type, where, etc.  I decided upon a 4x8 table (sheet of plywood) and ended up with a 5x8 (sheet of plywood and a little bit).  Following what I thought was reasonalbe guidelines I built it wiht 48" legs.  HOwever, when I was done I actually ended up with a 51" table top. 


I had to build a step bench just to get my granddaughters head to the table top.


So with this table I put styrofoam on top and laid down track and started to layout the buildings and scenes.  This is what it looked like.



However, this is what was.  Based on some input from someone on a forum I subscribed to, and based upon some reviews of what this table was capable of and what I wanted.  This table has been broken down and another resurrected in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment