Friday, December 9, 2011

Dec 6th

Another day, another layout.  I still need to plan structures and such things, but this layout will give me a complete yard as opposed to just some spurs.  I'm hoping this one will work out as I really like this.


On the way home this evening I bought 3/4ths of my crossover.  I created a crossover using #8 turnouts and they had two rights but only 1 left.  So I sort of have to wait till I get the last piece to built it.  But I have most of it.
So at this point I think I have settled on a plan and will start laying the track.  If I get to the crossing then I can simply plug most of what I can and leave that corner alone till I get it.  I'm hoping that by New Year's I'll have enough started to begin running trains along the lines.
The open question is whether I will be laying directly on the plywood or lay down some blue foam and use that as the base.  In all probabilities it will be onto the foam. No matter which way, once I have the track down "for good" I will start the terraforming and begin section by section work to develop the tables into a real world.  I believe I'm  going to start with the freight yard. Then to the Farm, the town and the yards.

No comments:

Post a Comment