Monday, December 26, 2011

Land acquisition for layout

I just realized that I did not do my due diligence for public notices of land acquisition for the RR.  Shame on me, but with the right of eminent domain - who cares :)

So, earlier in this notices I did post a plan showing how I would run the railroad.  Double track mainline wiht a crossover near the farm to let trains switch lines.  However, an ongoing conversation with a fellow RR-er provided me with a grain for thought.  After some consideration I agreed and adjusted my plans from a double track main (and subsequent reduction of space) to a single track main withe a viable (albeith smallish) yard for forming trains and storing rolling stock.  I'm sure at some point I'll have to do some more planning and land acquisition for either second yard or a replacement, but in the interim this one should work very well.


Actually if you compare this layout to the pictures in the previuos post you can get a pretty good idea of how things will layout.  Operationally, we'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment